Infusionsoft and Ontraport are the two biggest names in marketing automation for small and mid-cap businesses. Both these amazing marketing automation platforms combine CRM, Email marketing and E-commerce with powerful and sophisticated automation which drives your entire marketing strategy.
Although my primary e-commerce business concern is powered by Infusionsoft, which I use on a daily basis; I use Ontraport for my blogging as well. I have been using both platforms almost daily to power my two separate businesses for over 2 years now. Although, both platforms are designed to address the same marketing need, each takes a unique approach and has its own unique elements under its belt. I find both to be incredible marketing platforms, but at the same time they are far from perfect and have drawbacks like all tools do.I favour neither, but at the same I am aware of the potential of both these tools.
From the company and culture to user interface and robust capability, there is a lot that is different about Infusionsoft and Ontraport. In this Infusionsoft vs Ontraport analysis, I will be highlighting the key differences in major functionalities of both platforms to give you a clear picture of what will and won’t work for your particular business. Let’s get right to it…
Infusionsoft will be on the left hand side and Ontraport will be on the right hand side. I have broken the comparison down under major functions and elements of each platform.
WHO Should Use What
Even though both these marketing platforms cater to the small and mid-cap business sectors, each serves a particular business model. In my experience, I would suggest following these few pointers, while deciding which platform would best suit your business and marketing goals:
You should use Infusionsoft, if you have a small or mid-cap offline business that you are looking to take online. If you’re business is plain and simple, old school, traditional (eg. Gym, Health Care, Consultancy, construction etc), or an e-commerce venture (you use a shopping cart extensively), or you have a company with a big sales team (B2B business) And you achieve the following:
- You’re producing effective inbound marketing content
- You’re generating a constant flow of new organic leads
- You’re sales team is overwhelmed with the volume of quality leads you’re passing to them
- You’re tracking your leads’ journey across every touch point and marketing channel (not just email) and,
- You have a lead nurtuning strategy that you want to scale
If you have checked all the above then you can be assured that Infusionsoft is for you and will be extremely effective for you business and will give you a great ROI.
In my opinion, Ontraport unlike Infusionsoft, works best for small business owners who handle the majority of their business operations aka “soloprenuers”, “professionals” and “experts” in their chosen fields. Every aspect of Ontraport fits the following businesses perfectly:
- Information marketing
- Speakers and trainers
- Seminar leaders
- Medical professionals
It works really well and automates my entire business seamlessly. Even though it has some truly great features, it is far from perfect. Yet in my opinion it is the best software solution to quickly grow your small online business.
For a lot of folks, including myself, the purchasing process with automation softwares can be a little tedious and frustrating at times. Here I tell you all about the process to becoming a user with both platforms. Let’s compare Infusionsoft and Ontraport:
- Have to go through a Sales rep; there is no option of an instant sign up.
- Unless you purchase directly from an Infusionsoft certified partner.
- Get started
- No free trial
- Easy access to a free demo
- Mandatory upfront investment for mandatory kick starter coaching.
- Coaching is really helpful and in my opinion, it is more than necessary to learn the software and use it fully. However, what is not necessary is the price tag.
- Kickstarter cost: $2000-$3000 (Kickstarter package)
- Monthly cost: $199-$379 (pricing)
- No money back guarantee
- Email caps at 500k emails each month
- Sign up instantly, without going through a sales rep.
- There is no mandatory coaching and added cost, only monthly costs.
- You can sign up for a free demo, where you get to talk with customer care and reach a better understanding of what the system can do for your business.
- The “How it works” section is great with many entertaining videos to help you learn about the software. However, to really get a good picture, I would suggest you sign up for the free demo.
- No free trial.
- Even better, however, is their risk free 90-day money back guarantee. Use the software, see how it works; if you ‘re not happy, they return your money without any hassles
- Monthly costs: Pro -$297 and Team-$597 (pricing)
- Increase your email and contact limits: 99$ for 100k emails
Infusionsoft vs Ontraport, which platform is more user friendly, including the set up time, coaching and help, navigation and overall design and feel. After a couple of years using both platforms to run separate businesses as well as guiding people to use them, these are my insights:
- Will take a beginner at least a couple weeks, if not a month or two to set up. Although it can seem a little overwhelming, you’re effort goes mile in the long run.
- The coaching is mandatory and a little over the top, but is extremely useful and crucial to getting the maximum from the software. (Check out this Sales and Marketing ebook)
- A beginner would be absolutely lost without the coaching, I guess that’s why its crucial, but the price? You decide.
- Truly inspiring design and intuitive navigation.
- Infusiondoft is a large corporate today with a very large staff. They sacled their business surprisingly fast and have grown considerably over the last 2 years.
- I’ve had no problems with customer care , they’re available 24/7 on chat and they’re available long hours on the phone. If anything at all, they might take a couple minutes to respond on chat. It is better to call them and have your problems solved (click here for a preview of what Infusionsoft can do for you business).
- Will not take more that a couple days to a week or two for absolute newbies. It is easy to learn and pick up.
- Absolutely great service. Not only is it entertaining and informative, it’s free. The initial “9 moves” coaching is just amazing for beginners.
- A new user can get started really quick with a small push from coaching.
- Average design, but easy navigation.
- Ontraport is a small company at the moment with a small and close knit staff, that have developed a very solid foundation for their platform, which won’t prove to difficult to scale in the future (click here to download a free business automation success kit).
- They provide an excellent customer care service, and extend great courtesy to their clients. Apart from being on call, they are also available on chat and email; all you have to do is submit a support ticket and you get a prompt email response.
This is the all important tool that helps you bring automation to life in your system. Comparing Infusionsoft and Ontraport’s campaign builder is easy enough. This is where you build and consolidate your mind maps into the system, which will be then be carried out as automated tasks.
- Just an incredible automation tool that allows you customize and build the entire marketing and sales process, including emails, landing pages and more.
- Possesses the kind of visual drag and drop editor only available with enterprise solutions worth thousands of dollars per month like Marketo and Eloqua.
- You can conceptually create a series of actions to govern all your campaigns and see your mind maps come to life in the from of awesome visual sequences.
- Building a comprehensive sales and marketing strategy is simple and quite entertaining, especially if you think visually.
- You drag parts of sequences on to the canvas and create intuitive connections between them; here Infusionsoft automatically generates the features to implement your plan. Really awesome! When you’re mind map is complete, you can activate individual parts of your sequence and mark them as “ready”.
- To learn more about the campaign builder and walk through it, you can schedule a demo here, which is amazing in and of itself.
- The software works on a pure if-then logical rule system that ties all the myriad elements together and automates everything.
- You can set up these rules in all the different parts of your system and they will govern how your system responds to the moves your prospective clients will make.
- There is no literally no limit to the customization you can achieve with this kind of setup . If you can think, you can create it! Although, setting up different rules in different parts can get frustrating and time consuming since you need to able to think laterally to connect everything and tie it up nicely.
- Setting up is clean and easy, and the builder is very basic. It kinda feels outdated; like it does not belong in the system. If you are a visual thinker, then this kind of setup would be pretty frustrating, since you would have spend a lot of time drawing maps and white board charting to figure what fits where.
- Sometimes it does feel disjointed. You have access different places to create all your campaign elements. This can be a big stumbling block for most folks. Ontraport need to figure a more integrated approach to campaign building.
- Schedule a demo here, to see more.
Customer relationship management is the cornerstone of any successful marketing campaign.Many different software’s claim to provide CRM, when the reality is that most of these systems end up being simple repositories for client data. Both Infusionsoft vs Ontraport have powerful CRM functionality.
- Manage contacts, opportunities, and referral partners. There is a lot more room to play apart from adding/ managing contacts and companies.
- Dive down into a Contact to access marketing history, contact history and your customer’s web history as well as order history’ you can see everything in a singe snap shot.
- Tag a contact who is at a certain phase of your campaign and then run email marketing accordingly to meet their specific desires.
- Assign a value to a lead, like star or two or three, depending on how close they are to a sale with awesome lead scoring functionality.
- The CRM hugely simplifies sales management and analytics which gathers and sorts crucial client data that cover the entire customer-life cycle. This really helps with segmentation and target marketing.
- However, along with no social media integration, Infusionsoft does not have a built –in CMS, which can be a problem if you’re not a techie and it does complicate things a little bit.
- Overall, an incredibly powerful tool that gives you all the necessary data to optimize your communication and develop a loyal customer base over time.
- Know your customer’s behavior and what they fancy about your work, and have all records of interaction at different touch points represented neatly on a customizable and neat looking screen.
- Create amazing looking forms and add them wherever you wish on your blog or website or simply choose from a variety of pre-made templates.
- Lead scoring is easy and extremely flexible. You decide what makes a good lead and then set the rules to indicate interest which translate into higher lead scores.
- You can send your leads directly to your sales team or initiate them onto follow sequences that you have defined and set.
- The new Ontraport mobile for iphone and android grants you easy access to all your contact records from anywhere as well as allows you the option to edit. This truly is a great as you can literally work from anywhere!
- A complete an holistic approach to CRM with neat display and extremely easy navigation.
There is absolutely no room for slacking in this department if you want effective and successful marketing campaigns. Advents in email marketing have transformed communication and really take online marketing to a whole new level. Infusionsoft vs Ontraport is a close battle for email marketing dominance. They both have great potential.
- A combination of smart and automatic email marketing that is driven by a powerful CRM. Infusionsoft was one of the first companies to do this.
- Comprehensive customer-centric approach, that allows you to send timely and purposeful marketing communications based on your customer’ interests and needs.
- The system tracks behavior and responds accordingly in real time, creating new opportunities to increase sales.
- Smart automation, governed by efficient tracking technology, fueled by tangible and relevant customer data that helps tailor unique and customizable marketing communications which have huge benefits towards increasing business. That is a mouthful, but what a fool proof process!
- Emails are completely customizable and compatible with every interface including mobile, pc and tablet.
- Collects data in real time from the entire circumference of the customer life-cycle, so you can tailor relevant marketing communications based on customer actions that are tangible and meaningful.
- Create emails quickly or choose from a variety of tested templates and send them automatically as part of automated sequences for effective and intelligent marketing.
- Send relevant communications through various mediums to consolidate customer relationships, including postcards, text messages and voice mail.
Email Creation and Scheduling
- Create professional looking email templates with Infusionsoft’s branding center or choose from a variety of templates. Once you have created a template, all the future emails that you create will retain the same characteristics and feel.
- Sending Broadcast email (eg. newsletters) is the best way to reach your entire list of clients at the same time. You can schedule according to a specific date or time. Creating broadcast emails is quick and easy with the amazing drag and drop email builder.
- The drag and drop email design fundamentals are an awesome framework within which to create super looking emails. From drag and drop snippets, to layout, to options for adding a side bar, header/footer, to show forms (which turn hosted email into mini-landing when accessed via a socially shared link) and finally to customizing your own unique style for your emails.
- With Infusionsoft, the automation links you add to your broadcast emails, can track a customer’s click through responses and fire a series of actions to automatically update tags and follow-ups. there is also an option to create image and text automation links.
- Creating HTML email is also easy enough with the drag and drop email builder. Learning how to use the builder and create email using HTML code is relatively simple and there are quite a lot of room to play around with the code builder.
- You can personalize your emails with different merge field options, however, these are limited to contact info and custom fields, which can be a tad bit annoying.
- Heavy emailers will absolutely love ONTRAmail. It has a variety of awesome ready to use, tested email templates and it is extremely easy to send broadcast email.
- Ontraport’s email creator uses a standard wysiwyg editor. Here you can enter both text and content as well as switch view from the standard view and HTML view of an email while creating the email. You can also perform of a variety of other functions through the different options on the dashboard such as check the source, preview your email and send a test email.
- Unlike with Infusionsoft, creating HTML email is more tedious and time consuming, however, there are a number of email templates to choose from.
- Send both HTML and text versions. There are many different platforms from which to read email, including Outlook express, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Mac Mail etc, it is a good idea to send both an HTML and a text version so that you can reach the largest audience.
- Ontraport’s multi-part email creator does wonders for your email reputation. The email creator sends both HTML and text versions of your email to the recipient and according to the email reader settings of the recipient, either an HTML or the text version is displayed. Your email targets are met flawlessly and you never have to compromise your integrity.
- Ontraport has more merge field options, simply select from the drop down menu and click to insert the field.
- Great email-deliverability. They maintain an email deliverability of over 98%. Although, 98% of the emails sent though Infusionsoft’s servers are accepted by your leads/ customer’s email servers, individual email reputation plays a huge role in determining your email deliverability.
- It is always a good practice to configure your SPF record (Sender Policy Framework) to permit Infusionsoft to send email on your behalf and especially tio protect your from Spoofing (involves tampering with an email to make it seem like the email is coming from a source other than the source sending it) by Spammers and email abusers.
- Monitoring your email deliverability and consequently your email reputation is easy and hassle free with Infusionsoft. You can easily view number of emails sent and the number of complaints made, all on an easy to read and neat looking line graph that indicates you transition to a more charming email reputation.
- Infusionsoft also monitors your ISP SPAM complaints and internal complaints such as when someone opts out of your mailing lists. When this happens Infusiosoft, automatically sends that person an email asking them if they received an email that was SPAM.
- In all years using Infusionsoft, there have been certain deliverability issues, but nothing that was left for months unchecked or unresolved. They have a great system that operates tirelessly to guarantee the highest delivery rates for all its clients.
- Also, they monitor their email servers 24/7. Pretty damn dedicated if you ask me!
- As I have mentioned before, and i’ll say it again, email deliverability is simply amazing with Ontraport. You folks out there, who are big on emailing and have multiple mail lists, will absolutely love the deliverability.
- With Ontraport, every message that leaves their system is signed with Domain keys and proper SPF records. There is no need for configuration. Without going into any technicality, all this means is that they are doing and have been doing everything in their power to ensure the best delivery rates for their customers.
- They have a great internal structure that exceeds industry standards. Yet another indicator of the strength of their system and its capabilities.
- Like, Infusionsoft, Ontraport are absolutely amazing at monitoring your email reputation along with deliverability. On an average they maintain a .35% complaint rare and a hard hitting 7% bounce rate.
- In addition, they have awesome features including active SPAM scoring and grey listing of poor lists as well as a great filter for importing lists. Absolutely stupendous processes to maintain email sender reputation!
- A key to resolving email related issues on the spot – Ontraport has an awesome troubleshooting protocol built in for assisting with email deliverability issues.
- It is just too easy to establish and maintain an autoresponder sequence with Infusionsoft’s campaign builder. Especially with the drag and drop visual interface, creation and planning becomes a breeze. By far the best in the business!
- With Infusionsoft you can truly create and send personalized responses, which are far from cold and detached while also cancelling out the automated feel that most autoresponders possess.
- The autoresponder capability is extremely flexible. You can create and automate sequences according to date, events and tag based sequences, which are great for various bi-monthly reports and anniversaries, festivals or birthdays.
- The if-then statements you can create are limited and all automation is run off of specific actions, which does further limit the process.
- Infusiosoft charges for voice mail and for sending letters you have to have your own fulfillment.
- Ontraport does not possess the kind of visual interface capability that Infusionsoft does. Even though I have mentioned this before, is it worth stating again just how incredible Infusionsoft is in this department. With Ontraport, sequence creation is mostly linear and the more complex the layout, the more of a hassle things can be become. It helps to get everything down on paper first.
- Most of your sequences with Ontarport, will be step sequences (i.e everything carries out in a sequential order). Like I mentioned everything is linear. This isn’t a bad thing though and you can really your sequences pretty fast, once you have the general plan.
- The if-then logical statements on which the entire automation hinges are well established and automates everything nicely. When it comes to tagging contacts for various sequences, you only really need to address the “then do this” part of the larger three part rule system (if this happens, and this is true, then do this). With this kind of functionality, there is a lot you can do with the automation of your sequences.
- Unlike with Infusionsoft, you can run sequences off of myriad movements that your customer’s use to navigate your websites. Stuff is not just related to their clicks.
- Ontraport does not charge extra for voice mails, more over they have in-built SMS text messaging functionailty.
WOW, that was a lot of information. I am pretty sure that I have hit upon all the major points and functionalities as far E-mail Marketing is concerned. If, however, you cannot find something that is bothering you and you need some clarification, I would be glad to help you through your problem. And, now moving onto the all important “Analytics and Tracking” capability. Meet me across the line…
ANALYTICS, REPORTING AND TESTING
- Here is one department that Infusionsoft could really take a cue from Ontraport. You need to embed the Infusionsoft tracking code in the pages that you host on your website for the system to evaluate the effectiveness of your marketing elements.
- For the pages that Infusionsoft hosts , including web forms, landing pages, order forms, storefront, shopping cart, and thank-you page, the software tracks automatically.
- Through the Analytics web report, you can view and choose a couple of metrics and web pages according to your liking to gauge the success of your different strategies. You can select between page view, unique visitors, unique contacts, unique customers, average view time and up to 5 pages to analyze on the graph.
- All that data that is tracked expires after 90 days. Infusionsoft does not give you reliable data, since the page visit aren’t tracked very accurately.
- I use a 3rd party data analysis tool on Infusionsoft,Although it cab be a pain to not have all your data in one place, you are still better off using Google Analytics or any other tool you feel more comfortable with.
- Ontraport track views and visits much more accurately compared to Infusionsoft.
- The PilotPress plugin integrates WordPress perfectly with the Ontraport’s system.
- Not only can you tell which lead sources and campaigns are generating the most ROI, you can track all your users by either source, content, campaign or term. Very, very few marketing automation platforms allow you to track by source, which is the website that you’re lead is coming from!
- Although they put a heavy cap on the initial emails you can send, they have good reason for this; each email is connected to a whole world of data, so they insist on keeping the cap low so that you they can better assist you with tracking that data.
The two differences between these two systems, is the amount of data they track and how that data is displayed or read. Infusionsoft compared with Ontraport, tracks a lot more data. However Ontraport is consistently more accurate at tracking and displays data in a quick and easy to read fashion. Let’s take a closer look…
- Almost any reporting requires configuration and cannot be accessed on the spot.
- Most of the default reports showcase data and stats that are irrelevant and that you would probably not utilize.
- If you want relevant and worthwhile stats, especially those that give you conversion data, you need to configure them on you’re own, which means time wasted and doing you’re own math.
- The data capture capability is good, the display is lousy.
- If you want good visuals of your data to determine at-a-glance Stats of your campaign effectiveness you need to tie your data through an API to dashboards that showcase data in charts or tables or whatever you prefer.
- There is no need for any configuration on your part, everything is already configured and tracking happens automatically.
- Unlike Infusionsoft, all data is displayed on neat charts, graphs and other pleasing visuals, however, there are a few exceptions to the general display standard.
- As I mentioned earlier, the quantity collected and tracked is limited, however, all the data that is tracked is relevant, important and pre-configured.
- On the dashboard you can create a personalized display of all the stats that you want available at glance. Here you can see your business running LIVE. Not only can you add new custom metrics, but you can change the time span for all your metrics at one time or individually.
- With a completely customizable dashboard and easy to read stats and metrics, Ontraport wins this battle hands down.
Infusionsoft vs Ontraport testing. Let’s see who wins this showdown–With Ontraport, you can split test every single element in your marketing ensemble, from lead page design, to emails including setting different email subject lines, as well as different follow-up sequences. You would expect a robust and powerful platform like Infusionsoft to include this feature, because it really is crucial to marketing. However, unfortunately, Infusionsoft does not have a formal, built-in functionality to split test.
CUSTOMER SERVICE, COMMUNITY AND EVENTS
- They are a pretty big company and growing at an incredibly fast rate. They have couple hundred employees and as you can imagine they do lack a personal touch in their communication. There are many layers of customer service and they do not give assign you a committed customer representative. Although you have access to an account manager, it’s just not the same level of experience.
- They are aware that the software has an in-built complexity, so they are willing to help out as and when their customers require it.
- The tech support is absolutely free and unlimited. They are available on the phone and online pretty frequently.
- Although online chat can be slow, they have people available 24/7.
- One of their great strengths is the coaching that they offer, especially with the kick starter package. I just wish they would reconsider their price tag.
- Ontraport is comparatively much smaller, but that isn’t necessarily a bad thing. On the contrary, they are a close knit bunch and extremely dedicated to their work and even more to their customers. Everyone knows everyone intimately and its just an awesome work environment. They assign you a committed support hero (rep) who you can get know and vice-versa. My experience has been nothing short of amazing.
- Really cares about their customers and they go to great lengths to extend their services.
- They provide good number of hours on the phone, between 6 am to 9 pm and in my experience have always answered my quires promptly and comprehensively.
- Apart from being on call, they are also available on chat and email; all you have to do is submit a support ticket and you get a prompt response.
- They also provide a concierge service. Although, I personally have not used this service, I know first hand from a bunch of colleagues who endorse it and love the service. If you want your system run for you, then will do an amazing job at setting up and incorporating all the designs and customization you want.
FAMILY, COMMUNITY AND EVENTS
- They have a great community and organize awesome workshops and events that brings users and developers together in way that encourages creativity, stimulates thought and helps resolve various issues and technical problems.
- They host many more events and having been very successful at their annual Infusioncon (ICON), which they hosting for the past few years. I have had the privilege of attending a couple times and they really do go overboard in a great style and fashion. Very corporate and professional but fun and inspiring nonetheless.
- There is also the Infusion university and virtual academy, which are invaluable resources to help guide the new user to accustom themselves with the capabilities of the software. The inbound university training session caters to the more advanced users and focuses on key practices surrounding the core functionalities of the software.
- I really can’t believe that with all the services they provide, that they haven’t pulled together an open community where users can connect, interact and find solutions to any problems they may be facing. They have a Facebook group, but that is neither here nor there.
- Although they don’t have that many event, they’ve had Ontrapalooza, for the last two years now. The event is organised and hosted like an awesome festival that celebrates the spirit of entrepreneurship and technology. It is truly an amazing event, where you get to meet all kinds of people and hear their stories of hardship and success as well as learn about what’s in store for Ontraport in the future. You come back recharged with vital information and great new friends and contacts to consult with.
- Events cost extra at both Infusion and Ontraport.
- Setting up the shopping cart is fairly simple. You can add products individually or import entire lists from a different system. If you are not using Infusionsoft’s Shopping front, you can use product bundle links to integrate the shopping cart easily enough with your website.
- Everything from ‘customization’ of your shopping cart, to ‘checkout’, to ‘payments’, to ‘promotions’, and to ‘shipping options’ can be set up and running without too many hassles.
- The shopping offers and order summary, subtotal pricing and collects billing and shipping information. There is no storefront navigation, but there is a ‘continue shopping’ to navigate customers back to view more products. The cart works best, if you offer a variety of products up for sale. there is no limit on the number of products a customer can purchase. There is all the room for a shopping spree!.
- There are a variety of payment options that you can add. You can collect payments via credit through Paypal (it is built into the shopping cart) or through a merchant account or even allow customers to mail you a check, pretty nifty!
- One major problem, is that you cannot offer free shipping on order amounts or geographical location. They need to work on this and allow user to configure different zones for criteria, so that free shipping can be offered on order amounts.
- Another pitfall is that you cannot use your own domain for the cart, you have to use Infusionsoft’s hosted shopping cart domain.
- Also, you cannot use Google Analytics for the shopping cart. Although there are certain avenues to enable Google Analytics for the shopping cart, if you use web forms to sell; mostly,however, if you are using the shopping cart on your own website, then you do have data for what your customer is doing while on your site, but when they add a product to the cart, and leave your domain, you cannot collect any data, which does suck a lot.
- There are a couple more road blocks and dead ends with the shopping cart, which I will be talking about in bottom section. In my opinion, the cart isn’t a complete and powerful platform, which sucks since the rest of Infusionsoft’s system is pretty hardcore.
- Ontraport is not the go-to platform for a shopping cart and it was never intended to be one anyway. If a cart is what you are looking for, then you are better of with either Infusionsoft or some of the other bigger players like Salesfore, Hubspot or another solo shopping cart such as Magento.
- Although, you cannot change the layout of the form, with Infusionsoft you can customize the hosted forms by adding different fields and you can even create custom themes with different CSS templates.
- You can create unlimited order forms with custom themes to sell separate products.
- Infusionsoft allows to host order forms on your website as long you purchase an SSL certificate for your web browser.
- Paypal is built-in, which is a huge boon.
- Apart from Paypal, it integrates with a host of other online merchants.
- Setting up is easy and straightforward. All you have to do is go to e-commerce and follow it up with a few simple step. Infusionsoft provides a one to two step order process.
- There is also an offline orders option for orders that are manually entered into the system. These allow you more options for payment and there is even the option of sending your customers an invoice to request payments.
- Something that really get to me is that there is no order status and you cannot see backorders or the number of order that were cancelled the previous month. This should be a part of any e-commerce platform. Take a hint Infusion.
- Host your own order or use Ontraport’s customized order forms.
- The order forms integrates effortlessly with WordPress.
- Order forms can be created and setup very easily. Even easier than Infusionsoft and there is no need of meddling with any added API stuff.
- Paypal integrates with equal ease as is with Infusionsoft.
- Just like with Infusionsoft you can add a bunch of different custom fields.
- Also, like Infusionsoft, it integrated really well with a bunch of different merchants. Not as many as Infusion though.
SHIPPING AND FULFILLMENT
- After configuring the default shipping options, you have the option of using a combination of different shipping methods. However, each option will appear during customer checkout. There are no if-then rules, unlike in Ontraport which can be setup to hide them depending upon product or customer location.
- The UPS option calculates shipping rates in real time as customers check through your cart. However, you must have a UPS account. You can include a variety of separate UPS options with different levels of pricing for each.
- As far as fixed shipping rates are concerned, you can set prices according to a specific product, by order weight, order total, order quantity, or by flat rate per order.
- Although, Infuisionsoft greatly streamlines the order fulfillment process, there is no way to fully automate the entire fulfillment process.
- The system allows you to establish multiple fulfillment reports for different providers and bundles of products.
- All in all, Infusionsoft’s shipping options are pretty tight but there is little room for your specific custom need, if you have any.
- As you probably already know, if you have been reading, I only really use Ontraport for my marketing blog. I do not use thier shipping at all, since I have no physical products to send.
- That aside, their fulfillment operates in pretty much the same way as does Infusionsoft’s. Not a lot of functionality.
- You would expect a robust and powerful platform like Infusionsoft to include this feature, because it really is crucial to marketing.
- No formal, built-in functionality to split test. Pretty surprising right?
- Don’t worry just yet though, even though it isn’t built-in right out of the package, once you’re using the software, there is actually a pretty simple way to go about doing your A/B testing. You go to set up and then down to action sets
- Unlike with Infusionsoft, this functionality comes built into the Ontraport platform.
- This ability to split test different aspects of a marketing strategy is crucial for increasing conversion, which is the fundamental goal of any marketing campaign.
- With Ontraport, you can split test every single element in your marketing ensemble, from lead page design, to emails including setting different email subject lines, as well as different follow-up sequences
- , Infusionsoft does not have a built –in CMS, which can be a problem if you’re not a techie and it does complicate things a little bit.
- You have to get a third party plugin to connect with WordPress and this is an added expense.
- This is a great boon, especially for those folks who use word press for their websites.
- Pilotpress is the plug-in, which is specifically designed to bring the functionality of Ontraport to the WordPress platform.
- This amazing plug-in allows you to create a membership site, track page views within Ontraport, create an affiliate network with customised login and reporting as well as insert Ontraport order forms.
- Also, integrated into the plug-in is a customer centre for handling purchases and subscriptions. I absolutely love this integration.
- You cannot self host landing pages.
- Build lead pages in web from is quick and easy and you can design and launch without a webmaster.
- Pages have much more variety as compared to hosted web forms.
- Limited use of custom code.
- I use LeadPages, this plugin integrates seamlessly with Infusionsoft’s Campaign builder and absolutely great for bumping lead generation numbers.
- No custom CSS.
- Allows self-hosting of landing pages. Creating pages is simple with the WordPress plugin.
- Does not have the visual appeal that Infusionsoft has, but it does have a lot of room and flexibility where customization is concerned.
- Drag and Drop landing pages with web forms.
- A lot of room to play with unlimited provisions for custom code applicability.
- Unlimited use of CSS.
- This functionality is not built-in to the Infusionsoft platform.
- Memberium, which in my opinion is one of the best membership plugins available for Infusionsoft, helps you create powerful automated membership sites with WordPress and Infusionsoft.
- They offer CustomerHub
- , but this is a extra plug-in with an extra fee.
- It is a built-in functionality.
- Ontraport’s Pilot Press plugin, which I have spoken about earlier, is all that you need. The plug-in integrates perfectly with membership capabilities. Another great example of the robust capabilities built into Ontraport’s solid platform.
ON DEMAND POSTCARDS
- The ability to send on demand postcards is not built into the system.
- However, there are a number of integrations such as SendOutCards that are available in the market place that make this possible. Just check out Infusionsoft’s market place.
- You can send letters with Infusionsoft, however, you will have to send them through a separate fulfillment that you use.
- This one goes to Ontraport hands down.
- You can design all kinds of cool stuff with ease using their visual drag and drop editor.
- Although they cost extra, the cost is extremely low.
- All cards are the same size @ 5″ × 8″.
- You can either send them out one a time or as apart of an auto-responder sequence to add that personal touch.
- Voicemail capability is built in.
- Once you enable the voicemail feature, you can send voice broadcasts to a group or to specific persons.
- All voicemails are sent on the same day, although you do get to schedule the hours, you cannot schedule the date.
- The cost is calculated on a per minute basis. You pay 15 cents per minute.
- The feature is built-in.
- You can send both broadcasts and autoresponders.
- There is no additional cost to sending voicemail, as it stands today.
PURLs (Personal URLs)
This is a powerful info marketing tool, with which you can point people to their own unique domain and create a more personal feel for your leads and customers.
- Need third party integration to be able to do this with Infusionsoft. Not built in.
- As you would have guessed by now, Ontraport is much more information marketer friendly, hence all the extra awesome features and capabilities.
- This is another built in feature.
- You add this touch to your email, landing pages and postcards.
UPSELLS AND DOWNSELLS
- Again, you will need a third party integration to able to do this.
- All that one need mention here is that Ontraport provides unlimited and robust functionality in this category. Up-sells and down-sells, when employed properly can really help boost your revenue.
THE MARKET PLACE
Through this comparative analysis of Infusionsoft and Ontraport, you would agree that although both are powerful platforms, they don’t do it all. The market place is just as the name suggest, a forum where you can buy additional add-on functions for your platform or even integrate a more holistic function than the one your system already offers. This is one place where Infusionsoft excels.
- Infusionsoft’s marketplace currently showcases about 80 applications for their users.
- Each is rated just like an application, with 1 to 5 stars indicating the strength, quality and performance capability of each application.
- Some are free, while others require a subscription payment.
- Currently they offer applications under several categories including Business management, e-commerce, accounting, analytics, and Lead generation.
- Each of these applications are designed and coded specifically to integrate with infusionsoft’s platform.
- A great example, is LeadPages. You can create awesome looking and effective lead pages which boost your conversions and it integrates extremely well the platform.
- Ontraport has very few Third party integrations.
- If you need any webinar, call center or online business software integration, you’ll need to do your research.
- They have a meager 24 integration as opposed to Infusionsoft’s rich and dynamic market place.
- Some of their integrations include, PayPal, 1Shopping cart, Ultracart, Facbook and Twitter
- They provide a fully hosted affiliate program which is flexible, and very easy to use.
- It is also absolutely free.
- Everything is already set up and ready, including a separate log in.
- You have to configure the program, which is cumbersome and can take a while.
- Tracking is robust and tells you exactly through which link a purchase was made and who to reward.
- A problem with Infusionsoft is the blacklisting which can effect the links, so your partners need to be given special redirect links.
- Ontraport also offers a fully hosted affiliate program.
- Again, configuration can be a little tedious. You have to use their plug-in along with WordPress.
- It has powerful features even for advanced marketers and tracks who is sending you traffic so you can reward them.
- You can mange one and two tier affiliate programs.
- Also you can run multiple partner programs, and offer different partners different products to sell as well as offer different commissions to different partners.
- The referral partner center is completely customizable, especially with the WordPress integration.
A FEW TECHNICALITIES
- Data Cleanup: It is easy to clean up unnecessary data. The system allows you to delete repetitive information and maintain an accurate and up-to-date customer base.
- Categorization: The system enables you to categorize companies independently form the customer contacts. This becomes critical when you certain B2B commitments or even if you are only handling a few aspects of B2B stuff.
- API: Not the strongest and most developer friendly. They are currently working on strengthening their API, which has been a long time coming.
- Update Product Lists: The fully loaded versions of Infusionsoft allows you to make important and powerful sales pipe line configurations. The tool allows you to assign tasks to your team, assign leads to users and update product lists for new and upcoming customers.
- Third party Integrations: A robust and rich market place full of different integrations that cater all system functionalities across the board.
- Data Cleanup: Poor and time consuming cleanup. There is no prompter that alerts you when you have add duplicated records or added the same contact more that once. So, you end up wasting precious space without having any method to clean up your database.
- Categorization: This capability is absent in Ontraport’s system.
- API: I have to admit, their API is stronger and whole lot more developer friendly, plus if you have issues, they have an extremely committed API support team.
- Third party Integrations: Very few integrations. On the brighter side, the solid is enough to rarely ever make you need a third party app. All the options are inside their box.